About Marsh Wear
Marsh Wear is a coastal based apparel brand designed for an active lifestyle on the water. We pride ourselves in making high quality goods that represent people who live and breathe the saltwater marsh and all that it has to offer.
At Marsh Wear, we strive to identify with customers that share our passion for the coastal lifestyle by designing products that exemplify this multifaceted way of life. Our continued goal is to expand and refine our product line to reach a larger and more diverse clientele, to further develop brand identity and image, and to provide products and customer service that ensure a unique and personal shopping experience.
The brand was founded in 2010 by College of Charleston alumni Capt. Logan Roberts who studied business and historic preservation while developing the brand and becoming a reputable fishing guide in his spare time. His entrepreneurial attitude has led to exceptional sales performance in both retail and online storefronts.
What it Means to Intern at Marsh Wear
The Marsh Wear internship is an exciting opportunity for college students to gain valuable hands-on experience in retail, marketing, and business development. Accepted applicants will become an integral part of the Marsh Wear team and directly contribute to the growth and development of the company. Interns can expect the following out of their experience:
- Spend working hours in a young, professional, casual, encouraging environment
- Gain experience utilizing a variety of marketing techniques tactics including guerrilla marketing, online promotions, social media, word-of- mouth campaigns, and show and event planning
- Develop a diverse portfolio of your work
- Inventory and sourcing
- Customer Correspondence and Sales
- Experience with Eccomerce and Shipping
- Meet new people in the retail and outdoor business and establish networking relationships that may have not been available to you before
The internship is technically “unpaid” but interns will receive complimentary Marsh Wear gear, loads of free handouts, the opportunity to earn retail rep commissions and the chance to move up to a paid position if available.
The Marsh Wear Approach
Marsh Wear is a young, hard working brand focused on creating a fresh look in the fishing apparel industry and, just as importantly, selling the lifestyle associated with living near the coastal marsh. To achieve these goals there is the daily grind of keeping a company running but we also have a more fun vibe surrounding the company than say an investment banking office. Whether it be having a company meeting while boat cruising the Charleston harbor or trips to colleges to promote the brand we work hard but always keep things interesting.
- Consistent access to email and computer
- Familiar and connected with social media
- Able to work select weekends (tournament and show booths)
- Fishing experience, photography and photoshop skills are a added plus but not necessary
- No car is required as office located at 136 Rutledge Ave (walking distance from the CofC campus)
If you are interested in applying for the Summer 2015 internship please email your resume and short description of why you would be a good addition to the Marsh Wear team to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please include your name in the email’s subject heading.