- Maximum of 4 people per boat
- Fishing Days: Friday August 5th or Saturday August 6th (Teams can pick either day, but onlyone.
- Teams will be required to declare their fishing day by 7pm the day before.
- Northern Boundary: South Santee River
- Southern Boundary: Southern Tip of Edisto
- Lines In: 6:00am / Lines out: 4:00pm
Winner will be determined by most releases and time of release on the day you fish. In the case of a tie, the earliest released fish wins by time. Fly caught fish will be counted toward overall tournament as well as a separatefly division. Winner of the fly division will also be determined by most released fish and time of release.
This tournament is a cash prize tournament. Part of the proceeds from this tournament will go directly to Bonefish Tarpon Trust.
- Absolutely no removing the fish from the water. Anyone reported doing so will immediately disqualified.
- Tournament participants must adhere to all SCDNR rules and have a valid saltwater fishing license. No exception for charter boats.
- Leader: 10’ max w/ single hooks only
- Catches: A fish is considered caught when an angler has the leader in hand or swivel to the rodtip. A video or photograph will need to be taken with the fish and leader, or swivel, in the same picture. The time stamp on the photograph will be the official time the fish is caught.
- All teams should have a camera or cell phone this is able to capture the real time record of the moment the photo is taken. Photos of jumping or rolling fish are inadequate.
- Fly fishing category: Any boat can participate in the fly fishing category and it can be done incombination with conventional fishing. To have your fly caught fish counted in the fly category, a video of the angler fighting the fish on fly must available in addition to leadered fish picture.
- Anyone protesting another team for a rules violation must do so to the tournament committee no later than 6:30pm day of infraction. The tournament committee will settle any protest and their decision will be final.
- All anglers will fish at their own discretion and at their own risk.
- If bad weather causes the cancellation of one of the two days of fishing, the tournament will become a one-day tournament. The judges’ committee shall be responsible for making the decision.
All anglers will fish at their own risk. All anglers agree to indemnify and hold harmless all members of the Tournament Committee, Directors, Sponsors and their agents and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage they may suffer as a result of this fishing tournament.